ABOUT MANTRA GLASS ART
Mantra Glass Art was created in 2010 by nationally exhibiting artist, Jessica Schimpf. Schimpf is a certified artist and instructor with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the renowned Maryland Institute College of Art and has been teaching glassblowing for over 4 years while practicing her craft for over 7 years. Jessica's artwork is in galleries and store fronts across the nation. She creates products for interior designers, architects, home owners, and other clients.
She began her career as a monumental metal welder and sculptor for several years at The Sculpture Foundation / Johnson Atelier working on 20-40ft. sculptures for different cities around the world. She helped create work for The Museum of Modern Art (N.Y.C.) artist's including Kiki Smith and Jeff Koons.
Jessica has provided glass blowing classes and events to over 700 students in 2018 and over 1500 students between 2019-2020 in her custom Reno, NV Hot shop.
COMPANY MISSION / OUR "MANTRA"
What does Mantra mean to the artist? A Mantra is an act of sending out a positive force into the world through our hands, our voice, or artistic expression in the hope that those positive energies can one day be returned. Jessica has been fascinated by the physics and molecular science of glass for years and has a very particular mission for her company.
1. Glass-making is a very wasteful and un-friendly process to the environment - which is why we use as much recycled clear and colored glass as possible in our work. Most packaging is made from recycled products and we even recycle the peanuts we use to ship!
2. Glass-blowing is a dying craft - it is our mission to spread the knowledge and wisdom of our ancestors who have passed down this ancient tradition for centuries. Women in the US have not been a part of the world wide glass movement until it was brought to the USA in the 1970's.
3. The 15% Rule - M.G.A. is committed to giving back at least 15% of our inventory or revenue to our community through fundraisers, charities and more.
We have provided discounted classes and products for: The Ford Foundation (Ford Motors), Warriors in Pink Foundation, Colorado State University S.O.V.A. students, The Colorado Art Education Association Awards, Leaffer Law Denver. We also donated free artwork/classes for fundraising opportunities to: Denver Food Rescue, The Stout Street Foundation. 2017 Artwork and Class Donations to: Stout Street Foundation, Denver Food Rescue, The Cure Starts Now Foundation Auction Gala.
1. Can I Volunteer, Apply for a Studio Assistant-ship, or donate time/materials to Mantra Glass Art?
Absolutely, contact our team for more information about your request. We would love to hear from you!
2. Are you open to the public?
We are available by appointment, which must be made before visiting our studio. Public events will be held several times a year and we will post more information about those events on social media outlets and our website.